The Real Estate School of York & Adams Counties provides broker courses both in a classroom setting and online. RAYAC courses are approved by the State Real Estate Commission for broker pre-licensing and continuing education credit for Pennsylvania license renewal.
Broker courses allow you to take your education to the next level by increasing your skills, proficiency, and knowledge. Among hundreds of REALTORS® in the York and Adams Counties area, broker courses help you stand out in the crowd.
2020 BROKER PRE-LICENSING CLASS SCHEDULE
ONLINE BROKER PRE-LICENSURE EDUCATION
The School partners with OnCourse Learning to provide a flexible option to complete the broker education requirement. The online courses can be completed from the comfort of your home or business. Once registration and payment are complete, you have access to the course right away and it doesn’t expire for 6 months. You can stop and start the course at any point and it will remember where you left off.
Two online courses available:
- Commercial Real Estate Brokerage (approved for 2 PA elective broker credits).
- The Basics of Appraising Residential Properties (approved for 2 PA elective broker credits).
Information on Online Broker Pre-licensure Course Final Exams
While the course content is taken online, the exam at the end of each course must be taken at the REALTORS® Association of York & Adams Counties, in York, PA 17404. There are no additional costs for these tests, but pre-registration is required, by calling 717-845-3487. The final exam must be taken within 90 days of completing each course.
Please note: Once you click on the Registration box below, you are leaving RAYAC’s website, and going directly to the online school’s website.
GET YOUR BROKER’S LICENSE
In order to become licensed as a broker in Pennsylvania, a real estate licensee must meet both education and experience requirements and be at least 21 years of age.
A total of 16 credits or 240 hours is required to be eligible to sit for the Broker’s Exam.
- 2 credits (30 hours) in Real Estate Office Management
- 2 credits (30 hours) in Real Estate Law
Required – 6 credits (90 hours) each in at least three of the following 2-credit courses:
- Valuation of Income Producing Property
- Real Estate Finance
- Valuation of Residential Property
- Real Estate Investment
- Non-Residential Property Management
- Real Estate Construction
- Residential Property Management
- Real Estate Sales
The remaining 6 credits (90 hours) may be taken in any elective topic approved for broker credit by the Pennsylvania Real Estate Commission. Many designation courses fall in the elective category. Be sure to check the designation course approval to see if it provides any Pennsylvania broker credit.
Broker candidates must also document three (3) years experience in real estate sales and accumulate 200 points in real estate activity. Click here to find the point system on the Broker Examination Eligibility Application, form # 56 SPOA- 2103 on the Pennsylvania Real Estate Commission’s website.
Test and Renewal: Once a broker licensing candidate has successfully completed the education and experience requirements, they are eligible to sit for the Pennsylvania Broker License Exam. This exam administered through PSI Examination Services.
- Payment Policy: Check or credit card number must accompany registration.
- Refund Policy: Cancellations for classroom classes made less than 2 business days prior to the date of the course and “no-shows” will not receive a refund or credit. There are no refunds for online courses.
- Returned Check Policy: If a check is returned by the bank for any reason, there will be a $35.00 charge.
Want to Know How Many CE Credits You’ve Completed?
Visit RAYAC’s Member Portal to view the courses you have completed through the Real Estate School of York & Adams Counties.