DEI Statement and Fair Housing Declaration
RAYAC DEI STATEMENT
The REALTORS Association of York and Adams Counties supports Fair Housing, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Together we will find and advocate for solutions to eliminate housing discrimination while fostering diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our membership and the communities we serve.
FAIR HOUSING DECLARATION
As REALTOR® members we are committed to providing equal professional service to all, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status of any prospective client consumer or resident of any community.
REALTOR® Members are encouraged to:
- Keep educated and informed about Fair Housing laws and practices, thereby expanding upon their customers’ and clients’ opportunities;
- Inform their clients and customers about their rights and responsibilities under Fair Housing laws;
- Demonstrate through advertising and the media that everyone is welcome and no one is excluded;
- Document their efforts to provide equal professional service whenever possible;
- Respect the diversity and differences within their customer base, and remaining informed on those differences in order to provide excellent service;
- Take a positive approach to Fair Housing practices and aspire to follow the letter and spirit of the law; and Article 10* of the National Association of REALTORS® Code of Ethics;
- Provide their clients with information to educate them on their rights under the Fair Housing Act, and providing contact information for situations in which there appears to be a violation of rights;
The Board of Directors of the REALTORS® Association of York & Adams Counties formally encourages REALTORS® to post this Declaration in their offices, websites and to practice real estate in accordance with the declarations’ principles.