RAYAC provides first class customer service for the tools you need to succeed. The association is your provider for unmatched education, technology and industry information to improve your productivity and lower your risk.
Tools for Your Trade
Part of RAYAC’s value is to provide tools that members can use, not only to promote their career, but also to protect their career and the consumer. The association provides members with services that reduce risk, manage conflict and provide great customer service.
- Tech Helpline: RAYAC offers you free tech support. Tech Helpline gives you U.S.-based tech support for hardware, software, networking and mobile devices. The analysts are friendly technology experts who will assist you via phone, chat, email, or connecting remotely into your computer. Most importantly, they understand your needs as a REALTOR®. Call 1-866-379-2113.
- SentriLock Lockbox System: RAYAC strongly believes that providing electronic lockbox systems is the most secure way of granting members entry into properties. Members can use a key card or mobile app to access lockboxes. A record is also generated for all entries into the property. Affiliate members are able to purchase key cards to access properties as well. RAYAC has secured reciprocal access to properties from many other associations. In order to set up reciprocity with other associations please contact RAYAC.
- Buyer/Seller Dispute Resolution (DRS): The Home Buyer/Seller Dispute Resolution system gives buyers and sellers a method to resolve disputes arising out of their Agreement of Sale. Compared to litigation, which is often time-consuming and costly, mediation is efficient, inexpensive and friendlier.
- REALTOR® Safety: This important topic is addressed in new member orientation, continuing education classes, newsletters and emails.
- Notary Service: RAYAC provides a free notary service for all of its members for business related issues.
- EPA’s Lead Paint Brochure.
Resources to Serve Your Clients
- Market Statistics: Helping to answer the common question, “How’s the market doing?” RAYAC issues monthly market statistics reports that cover two counties and 22 school districts.
- RAYAC Store: From signs and brochure boxes to calendars, the RAYAC store has just about everything you need to market your properties.
The Real Estate School of York & Adams Counties is the premiere real estate school in York & Adams Counties. The school offers high quality real estate classes and appraisal classes with accomplished and national instructors at its primary location in York and other convenient locations in Hanover and Gettysburg. Plus, for your convenience RAYAC also offers online classes.
- Designation Courses: Designation and certificate courses provide students with advanced topics to reinforce basic skills while also staying abreast of current trends and issues. Some of the designation courses offered are: ABR, SRES, and more. Surveys have shown that REALTORS® who hold one or more designations earn more than their colleagues.
- Broker Courses: The Real Estate School offers licensees the opportunity to obtain the broker or associate broker license. Broker candidates must complete 16 credits, or 240 hours of instruction, pass the broker licensing examination and document a minimum of 3 years of real estate experience to receive a broker’s license.
- Standard Continuing Education: The school offers a variety of standard continuing education courses designed to help licensees stay on top of the latest trends and issues impacting the real estate industry and to easily renew your real estate license and appraisal certificate. Some classes are also available online as an additional convenience for REALTORS®.
- Seminars and Training: RAYAC offers numerous opportunities for members to become more knowledgeable about the industry through exclusive events. Many of these opportunities are free or at low cost for association members including our StraightTalk series.
- New Licensee Education: An extensive new member orientation highlighting REALTOR® safety, code of ethics, professionalism, fair housing, legal support, RPAC and get to know RAYAC. Support continues for new members by providing additional guidance throughout their first year.
2020 RAYAC SCHOLARSHIP
One $500 scholarship will be awarded to a high school senior who is an immediate family member of a RAYAC member and who will be pursuing a post-secondary education.
Please prepare an essay – What Does Home Mean to You?
This form and essay should be submitted by March 30th to email@example.com, faxed to (717) 854-0720 or mailed to the address above. If you have any questions, please contact Jaclyn Eriksen at (717) 843-7891 ext. 110 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
RAYAC leads the regional effort to position the REALTOR® organization as the most effective advocate for the real estate industry and private property rights in York & Adams Counties. If real estate is your profession than politics is your business. There are all kinds of legislative issues at the national, state and local level that impact the real estate industry … everything from changes to mortgage interest deduction, proposals to increase realty transfer tax, and tax professional services to sign ordinances, point of sale inspection, and rental property licensing inspection ordinances. RAYAC is your watchdog and information resource on all things legislative.
- Municipal Database: There are 106 municipalities in York & Adams Counties. That means there are 106 different sets of rules and regulations that REALTORS® need to know. RAYAC has made it easy for you and has created a municipal database that provides a comprehensive snapshot of the real estate-related regulations and ordinances for all 106 municipalities. Everything from taxes, municipal contacts, stormwater management ordinances, SALDOs and the public utility contact information for that municipality can be found by visiting the membership login page of RAYAC.com and clicking on municipal database.
- RPAC: The REALTORS® Political Action Committee, RPAC, is a voluntary, non-profit political action committee that works to elect lawmakers who support REALTOR® business interests locally, in Harrisburg and in Washington, D.C. RPAC is one of the largest and most influential political action committees in the Commonwealth, representing 30,000 REALTORS. At the national level, RPAC is one of the largest PACs as well.
RAYAC strives to enhance the level of professionalism of REALTORS® in our community by offering meaningful programs and services to assist members in raising the bar for higher standards and superior customer service.
- Consumer Protection Committee: RAYAC members contact consumers to listen and discuss options available to them to resolve their complaints.
- Ombudsman Program: The ombudsman typically acts as a go-between for two parties to open lines of communication to resolve misunderstandings and disagreements.
- Code of Ethics: Since the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) adopted its Code of Ethics in 1913, the document has been a central component of REALTOR® membership. Frequently updated to remain relevant, the Code of Ethics today is a set of principles that REALTORS® use to conduct their business. To ensure that members are knowledgeable of the Code of Ethics, NAR requires members to complete approved Code of Ethics training every three years.
- Professional Standards Hearing: If necessary, there is a formal enforcement process which allows for a full due process hearing that serves to address more serious ethical issues or to resolve commission disputes between members.
Stay in the Know
- Comprehensive Website: Valuable information from education and government affairs to consumer tools is available 24/7 at www.RAYAC.com.
- RAYAC Communications: RAYAC provides a variety of communications to keep you abreast of industry trends and important Association information – monthly newsletter, emails, text messages, voice messages, Facebook, and office visits.
- Weekly News Briefs: No time to read the newspaper, but still want to know all the latest news and information happening in York & Adams Counties? RAYAC has made it easy for you. Each week we release our news briefs from the latest stories impacting the real estate industry from the York Daily Record, York Dispatch, Hanover Evening Sun and the Gettysburg Times. News Briefs can be found at www.RAYAC.com.
- Mobile Membership App: Right at your fingertips, RAYAC provides the phone numbers and email addresses for all RAYAC members. You can also register for classes and events through the app.
- HOA Contact List: This database is also accessible on the member side of www.RAYAC.com.
- Online Records of Membership Invoices: Preparing your taxes has become a little bit easier. RAYAC provides all the invoices and receipts you paid to the association in the previous year. Everything from classes, events, store purchases and RAYAC dues are easily printed from your online membership profile.
- Inman News: Enjoy a complimentary subscription to this premier real estate news site.
For both personal and professional growth, members have the unique opportunity to heed the call to volunteer. The Association offers members the opportunity to become more involved in the Association through committees, task forces, and forums for both the benefit of the member and the organization. By becoming involved with the association, your voice is heard.
- Thirsty Thursdays: Bi-monthly happy hours where you can network with REALTOR® and affiliate members at a local pub/restaurant. Appetizers are free and generously provided by the establishment and a cash bar is available. Gift card prizes are offered by the sponsors.
- Annual Business Meeting: Held in October of every year this is the association’s signature event. The event is filled with fun, food and comradery where members elect new representatives to the Board of Directors and hear from a dynamic national speaker.
- Affiliate Networking Event: This tradeshow atmosphere is held with our affiliate members to mingle and learn the tools and resources available to complete your transactions.
- Appraiser Forum: RAYAC holds periodic appraisal forums on topics of interest for our Certified Appraisers.
Community Engagement and Public Relations
In the real estate community, we know that you are not just selling homes and businesses, you are selling this community. RAYAC is very engaged in ensuring that York & Adams Counties are great places to live, work, play and learn.
- RAYAC Charitable Events: From a golf outing to a spring fling, RAYAC holds a variety of events each year that provides the opportunity for members to have fun, network and raise money for the RAYAC Foundation.
- RAYAC Foundation: The RAYAC Foundation is RAYAC’s 501c3 arm that supports local housing-related charities and the Robert Murphy Disaster Relief Fund. Since its inception in 2006 the RAYAC Foundation has awarded over $350,000 to housing related charities in York & Adams Counties and disaster relief efforts.
- York/Adams Regional Smart Growth Coalition: RAYAC provides the staff support for the smart growth coalition and hosts events at the association on smart growth issues.
- First Time Homebuyer Programs: RAYAC partners with Lancaster Housing Opportunity Partnership to facilitate the down payment and closing cost assistance programs with the City of York and York County.
- REALTORS® Reach Out Project: Each year in the month of October RAYAC coordinates a project to give back to the community.
- Homeless Outreach Project: RAYAC coordinates this event with a wide variety of partners to offer vital services for homeless individuals and families in our community all under one roof.
- Weekly News Articles: Every week RAYAC provides an article for the Homesource, Hanover Evening Sun and Gettysburg Times on a real estate related topics to educate the general public.
- REALTOR® Value Campaign: RAYAC provides a local marketing campaign on the value of using a REALTOR® to increase public awareness and education on the real estate industry and value of home-ownership.
The Power of the “R”
- PAR Legal Hotline and Local Legal Hotline: The PAR hotline provides members toll-free access to legal information about real estate law, standard forms, and operating a real estate brokerage. Attorneys are available to answer basic legal questions. The free hotline is available Monday-Friday from 9-11 AM and 1-3 PM by calling 1-800-727-5345. RAYAC members can also rely on a more local legal perspective from Peter Ruth at Stock and Leader. He can be reached by calling 717-846-9800.
- zipForm Plus: Members have the opportunity to sign up for free PAR standard forms. zipForm Plus is an easy-to-use online contracts program, designed to simplify the real estate process, help you increase productivity while reducing risk and time spent on paper work. The zipForm Plus and access to the PAR Forms library is a combined value of $509.
- REALTORS® Property Resource: This site features on-and-off market properties, market trends, and client-friendly reports for every facet of your real estate business, all at no additional cost to you as a REALTOR®.
- REALTOR.com: Members get a FREE profile on this REALTOR-branded website which is the most complete source of homes and real estate for sale.
- HouseLogic.com: HouseLogic.com is a site offered by NAR for homeowners who want smart solutions to enjoy, improve, and maintain their home; for buyers ready to find their happy place; and for sellers ready for their next chapter.
- National REALTOR® Advertising Campaign: Promotes the value of working with a REALTOR®.
- PARJustListed: Sign up to receive daily emails on topics tailored specifically for real estate professionals.
- Client Connect: Quarterly emails compiled by PAR to share with your clients.
- Exclusive Pricing: NAR and PAR partner with a variety of companies to offer exclusive discounts and pricing on products and services.
- Extensive Online Resources: NAR’s website offers vast resources to assist you in your real estate career.