GET YOUR REAL ESTATE LICENSE
The Real Estate School of York & Adams Counties provides real estate pre-licensing courses at the Association building located at 901 Smile Way, York. We offer the courses both in a classroom setting and online.
About the Career
Does this sound like you? Social, enthusiastic, professional, and business-minded!
Real estate agents ranked #4 in Best Sales and Marketing Jobs according to U.S. News Best Jobs Rankings.
Real estate agents help people make the most important decision of their lives in transitioning into homeownership. You’ll perform duties such as study property listings, interview prospective clients, accompany clients to property sites, discuss conditions of sale, and draw up real estate contracts.
- TINYpulse’s “2016 Best Industry Rankings” survey, found that real estate is ranked as the second-happiest industry.
- In 2013, Real Estate Agent ranked as the “happiest” job according the CareerBliss.com.
- In 2017, U.S. News and World Report found that Real Estate Agent is among the best sales and marketing jobs.
Steps to Getting Your Real Estate License
Must be 18 years of age to obtain a Pennsylvania Real Estate License.
Coursework: You must successfully complete 60 hours of real estate pre-licensing courses as prescribed by the PA State Real Estate Commission and pass a proctored final exam for each required course at the Real Estate School of York & Adams Counties. These courses can be taken in any order.
- Real Estate Fundamentals: This 30-hour required course familiarizes the student with the laws, principles and language involved in the industry of real estate. Offered in a classroom setting and online.
- Real Estate Practice: This 30-hour required course gives students a thorough understanding of the standard procedures, ethics, techniques, forms, and rules surrounding real estate transactions. Offered in a classroom setting and online.
State & National Licensing Exams
You must pass the PA licensing examination administered by PSI Exams.
Get Prepared for Your State and National Exams.
These supplemental online courses are designed to help you maximize your study time and retain the most important information for exam day.
Connect with a Broker
The State Real Estate Commission requires you to be associated with an employing brokerage office.
Complete a Criminal Background Check
- PA residents, visit https://epatch.state.pa.us/.
Complete the License Application
Visit the Pennsylvania Real Estate Commission website to obtain the appropriate application. Submit it to the Pennsylvania Real Estate Commission along with the required application fee.